“Herald is a choice-driven adventure game set during an alternate 19th century in which the West is united as a colonial superpower: the Protectorate.
Help tell the story of Devan Rensburg, a man of mixed heritage who became steward on board of the HLV Herald, a merchant ship set for his country of birth.
As Devan it is your job to keep the peace among the crew and passengers by resolving their daily squabbles. Set during a time of widespread inequality and injustice, you are challenged to uncover a great mystery that surrounds the Herald’s perilous voyage.
Herald will be released in four ‘books’. The base game, consisting of Book I & II will have around 4 hours of gameplay and is scheduled to release Q1 2017. Book III & IV are already in pre-production and will be released as purchasable DLC for the base game at a later date. Together, the four books tell the entire story of Devan’s journey on board the Herald.
- A branching narrative that changes depending on how you decide to play. Do you choose to be bold and stand up for the downtrodden, or would pleasing the elite be the safer and smarter choice?
- Uncover all of the secrets aboard the merchant clipper Herald, as you explore its many nooks and crannies.
- The Herald is a microcosm of 19th century society. The crew and passengers all have their own dark secrets and often use sly coercion to convince Devan to help them. But who can you trust?
- Herald’s diverse cast of characters is brought to life by beautifully animated portraits, and the performances of thirteen talented voice actors.
- Herald is set during an alternate 1857 in which the West has been united as a single global superpower: the Protectorate. Governed not by kings but by an elected ‘Lord Protector’, the Protectorians believe they are morally superior. But are they?
- A gripping tale about finding your place in a world divided by race, class and culture.”
You can find a german review of Herald on BSIG editor Polygonien’s website.